3.14.2012

16 more days!

...and I still have a checklist that goes down to my toes (when I'm wearing heels). Today, I tried. I promise I really, really tried to concentrate on work only but all of these little "to do" tasks would suddenly come to mind and boom, ical. I honestly don't know what I would do without my iCal. Or iPhone for that matter. It's seriously mind boggling. Here's a look in to my to do list:
-Call caterer and confirm menu (yes, scary I know, but he said it'll be okay as long as we have two weeks)
-Call dessert caterer and confirm menu (Once again, yes I know it's scary)
-Call make up artist #2 of 3 and confirm with her.
-Send make up artist #3 of 3 details about location, time and date.
-Call rental company to add sound system, projector, screen and possibly a mike to the list of rentals
-Call rental company and confirm plate, cup and silverware count
-Buy my veil at Ben Franklin (so we can make our own)
-Call florist to confirm bulk order
-Buy last item for my bride's maid gift.
-assemble my bride's maid gifts
-Buy ring pillow (to make on our own)
-Start working on vows
-Start working on reception program
-Start working on music options for pre-ceremony
-Start working on seating arrangements

  So what have I done so far? Today, I managed to confirm my second dress fitting, vanity appointments (nails, waxing, Dr. Body, possible eyelash extensions...) and picked up the second part to my bride's maid gifts. I'm very excited about that but..I'll keep the details under wraps for now. 

  Am I stressing? Yes. The good news is, I've lost enough weight to make a noticeable difference and I feel normal--as in, I'm just about the sam size as I was three years ago. Most of it is from my food poisoning last weekend but I feel better now, just slightly frazzled and overwhelmed. I know that we're accomplishing a lot but I also understand that we've so much more to do (just look at the check list above--that's not even all of it). Brent and I will be going to get our marriage license tomorrow (super exciting!) so I'll keep you posted on that as well (I hope).

  Here are a few other things you've missed:

I picked up milk glass vases for the centerpieces here, in the beach-cottage chic Kaimuki shop, Sugarcane.

I got to drink coffee out of this cup at Bogarts. It made my day.

Brent and I sampled cupcakes with our cake flavors at Cake Works. Wonder which flavor we choose...? It's shocker.
Decided that I need to look like this sometime soon.

I want my hair a cross between this style and....

This style. Plus, Alicia Keys is so gorgeous.
Want my make up simple and clean....like this

...and this. Once again, Alicia Keys--beautiful inspiration.





No comments:

Post a Comment