10.13.2011

OMG, the dress!

  It was literally love at first sight--the dress was there haloed in florescent lighting, waiting for me. 

  It all began when my mom and I walked in to the shop (Masako Formals) and immediately found the person we wanted to speak with--Kumiko-san. She was an old acquaintance of my mom and had helped me find a kimono to wear for my seijin shiki (coming of age) photos when I turned 20 (the age you are considered an adult in Japan) several years ago. After congratulating me on my engagement, she asked me if I had a dress silhouette in mind; I did. I showed her a picture of a Vera Wang dress I was seriously considering when my mom walked up to a dress that was hanging out on one of the racks full of white dresses; it looked as though it was an option for someone else. Kumiko-san mentioned that it was a new arrival from the 2012 collection and that I would be the first to try it on. After we selected a few other options, I tried on the first dress we had spotted. When I stepped out in front of the three-sided mirror, I knew it was THE ONE. I fit the criterial that I had listed to the T and more **Warning: if you are currently wondering why I refuse to elaborate further, it's because I share this blog with my fiancé who would obviously read this entry and find out what my dress looks like before the wedding day and that's just no fun. Sorry, you'll just be kept in suspense like he and everyone else.**

  Anyway, it was perfect. Every possible thing about it (including the brand, which happened to be one that I was boarder-line unhealthily in love with). It made the rest of the dresses I tried on look like a joke. It was so perfect, in fact, that I tried it on again, just so I could wear it. I was glowing and I knew it was going to be worth the price. Unfortunately, the price of the dress was a bit more over-budget than we had  initially hoped so we asked to put it on hold as we thought about (or in my case obsessed over) the dress for a few days.  But the more I thought about it, the more justifications I came up with for buying the dress and by Wednesday (today), I had fully made up my mind--I would sacrifice my lunch money for the next few months (and bring home lunch or perhaps skip lunch instead) and put that money towards the dress of my dreams. 

  So today, after work, I called for Kumiko-san and asked if we could drop by (she said "of course!") and I tried on the dress once more. Unfortunately, because the dress is two sizes too big, we'd have to order another one which will take about 120 days to arrive. So, in the meantime, I will be on a serious diet/lifestyle revamp and look as fierce as I did in my dance team days. My abs will be tighter than spandex and my arms with be more sculpted than a Greek statue by the time my dress arrives. By that time, I am hoping to look hotter than all the Victoria's Secret angels and Playboy bunnies combined. It'll be awesome and epic.

Enjoy!
Simple but pretty. --theknot.com

This is really cute too. --acakelife.com

Our color palette. I also think the cake and décor are cute. --marthastewart.com (?)

1 comment:

  1. omg how excitinggg!!! :D congratulations! this is such a cute idea... i have always wanted a wedding blog, something to look back to after the craziness is over and you want to actually remember that haze-of-a-time when you were planning the wedding!

    ReplyDelete