12.21.2011

Back from hiatus: 101 days to go

So much to say, so little time!

First thing's first--what's been done so far:

-The bride's maid dresses have been ordered today!! They are absolutely beautiful. In fact, I'm sorta wishing that I bought one too because I definitely want to wear it. Maybe I'll buy it off of one of the girls if they plan to never wear theirs again. The dress is by WToo in crinkle chiffon--the girls are going to look gorgeous (not a biased statement).

-We've created a logo for our wedding because...well, because I'm crazy like that. The idea originated from Real Simple Weddings. I noticed that a lot of the successful wedding stories were so successful because they had a uniformed look and theme that brought all of the elements together. Our theme is pretty fun and unique (and also a surprise), but I promise to post our images soon (probably when we get started on the invites).

-We booked our honeymoon flight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh Em Geeeeee~!! It's a moment that definitely got my heart racing.

-Jace is officially my Maid of Honor. She's been coordinating with the other girls. I think they've decided that the bachelorette party and bridal shower will happen the weekend before the wedding. I'm thinking that we should fit in a pamper date at some point too.....hmmm, I'll send out a request to congregate for that.

-We're gathering elements for our invitations, which will be handmade. The making is the easy part. Gathering....not so much.

-We've been looking in to cakes. I'm thinking that will be squared away by Friday.

-My Grandma, Mom's younger sister and her three daughters (my favorite cousins) are confirmed to come.

-My Grandpa George, Aunty Sherri, her husband and three daughters are also confirmed to come.

-I've confirmed our DJ, Caterer, Hair & Make-Up, bands and possibly a photo booth!

-We've collected quotes from party rental companies and will be in discussion with one in particular very soon.

-We have outfits picked out for the groom's men. Now it's just a matter of having them order them...

-We've got the liquor figured out via Tamura's Fine Wine & Liquors.  Did you know that they have a huge list of kegs? So much cheaper than bottled beer!

-I've been workin' out. Zumba twice a week, Turbo kickboxing at the gym once a week, gym workout once or twice a week plus I'll be starting ballet classes again in January. I've got my eyes on the prize--great photo-ready body for the wedding :)


To do list:

-Book hotel for our honeymoon

-Groom's men outfits

-Invitations

-Favors

-Song list for bands to start prcticing

-Pick a first dance song

-Buy vases for center pieces

I'm thinking so far so good. When I go to my theknot.com account, it is overwhelming to see that I've still got 140 more tasks to do, but they really REALLY break things down to the nitty gritty. Generally speaking though, I'd say we're in good shape (knocking very hard on wood).

Brent's groom's men inspiration--League of Extraordinary Dancers.

Such a pretty cake.

I love the flowers on this one.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a grand archway?

Centerpiece inspiration--vintage chic.
I just have to share what would otherwise have been a surprise. This dress (in this color) is to die for.

No comments:

Post a Comment